Monday, November 02, 2015

quilting again

I have been quilting on a more regular basis.  I also had my first spam comment.  sheesh.  I removed it and reported the problem.  I may have to add stronger screening of comments, but, as I do not have a lot of traffic leaving comments, I will hope it does not become a recurring issue.

I have a new laptop computer and still in the learning curve.  I have enjoyed a week of vacation with my sister visiting and it was great fun.

The day job continues to have a mountain of backlog to contend with and I am still training my co-worker who has taken a part of my workload.  Like any mountain, I am taking it one chunk at a time.  It would be nice if time stopped and I actually had a hope of catching up.  As that is never going to be the case, I am embracing do what I can in the time I am allowed (ie, no more overtime) and let the bosses worry about what is not getting accomplished.

I had planned to submit an entry into QuiltCon this year, but, alas I did not read the size requirement for smallest entry and restrictions on the Michael Miller challenge category I had received fabric to use to make my quilt with.  I have to say, I never felt the directions and information that went with that challenge satisfied my questions.  I probably should have found a contact person within The Modern Quilt Guild and been more direct with my questions.  So, all that said, I will find a way to use the fabric sent in one of my charity quilts.

Fabric in my stash never goes to waste!   It all ends up in a quilt at some point or passed along to someone else who will put it to good use.

Once the current top I am working on is done I will share a photo.  It needs one more row ...and I have run out of weekend for now.

back to the work mines today!   

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Good to hear you are quilting. Yes it is stressful to know you are behind on things and other restrictions keep you from catching up. No fun. No job satisfaction for sure.

For your spam comments look at the option to only moderate comments over x persiod of time old. I think mine is restricted to 2 weeks and then the comment is moderated. Stopped all my spam comments.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Clipping Solutions said...


I really appreciate this post.Background Removal Service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home